Skip to main content

The one I'm pushing through.

Remember when I kept up with my blog?
More importantly: remember when I thought I was going to simplify this year?

I told you all I was going to keep things focused on 1 word: simple. My life, my goals, my home, my job, my thoughts- KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Have I done that at all?
If you think that I have, you must be new here.

It's literally one month away from being 2019, and I have been anything but simple this year.

I changed schools. We continued to gather clutter. We have yet to get a grip on our finances. I still overthink every little thing I do. My house is a constant disaster area. My new school has been a challenge at every step. Personal challenges and relationships have been a struggle. I have done everything except keep it "simple" this year.

In every sense of my "simple" goal, I failed.

Sure, I have a month left. So I could get back on track. I could try my best to simplify what I can.

But sometimes, I feel like I try so hard to NOT try so hard.
What is that?
It's not a new concept. But it's something with which I have always had a hard time.

I guess I don't know where this blog is going- much like most of my blogs. I just write because I have something on my mind and they just sort of take me where they take me.

I guess, life just isn't simple. Not saying you can't take steps to make it less complicated. I just don't think will ever be a simple thinker, a simple mother, a simple wife, a simple teacher.
I just won't.
Life isn't supposed to be easy and simple.

So maybe my word wasn't what I needed this year.
Maybe we don't need a focus word.
Trying to focus on one thing, can distract from all the beautiful things that happen all year long.

Photo by: TuckerPayneCo

Popular posts from this blog

The one with the middle.

You remember that Jimmy Eat World song: The Middle? It feels very applicable to me. And, have you heard the Paramore song: Caught in the Middle? Also applicable.  It's been two months since this school year started. I wish I could say it's getting better. I wish I could say it's been a good year so far. But it's been a really tough year of teaching already. It's really no one's fault- students, admin, parents- it has nothing really to do with them. It's just been, tough.  I feel like honestly, it's kind of a waste of energy trying to pinpoint one problem that I am having, when in reality- it's possible that I am not supposed to be doing this anymore. Okay. I feel like I should be a teacher. But I don't know if I should be doing this .  Does that even make sense? Probably not.  I just feel really stuck at this moment. Because I want to do a good job while I am here, but I also am waiting for what I am meaning to do next. I want to serve my curren

The one with hallway.

 I don't have an idea for this blog.  That is why it's been a month or so since my last blog. In all transparency, I was working on a longer blog that I was updating daily about my decision to sign my contract or not for next school year. But then I ended up signing it and it's truly not an interesting blog. It was just like: "Should I? Nah. Well? Okay. Nah. Okay I will. I signed it. The end." So, now we're here, just waiting until the end of the year to finish and I am on the hook for next year. I could still leave, but breaking a contract not only gives me hives because of the ethic implications, but also there is a $2,500 fee attached to that which is NOT in my summer budget currently.  I am tired of teaching. But to be fair, it is April and I am ALWAYS tired of teaching in April. But I will say this April is different. Education is different. It's changed. A part of me knows that I will be called out of teaching soon. I don't see myself retiring as

The one where I join the blog world.

I figure it's about time I started a blog. It's a writing/photography/comediac/art/important issues/look-what-kind-of-crazy-stuff-is-happening-in-Elisa's-life blog. It's my everything blog. Awesome for blogging. So welcome! Enjoy! Comment! Feel the love. This is my absolute favorite picture. Elias Hernandez. My model/musician/rock. How beautiful life is..... Frreak. Frreak. More to come.