Skip to main content

The one with my trip to the art muesum.

Today I went to the art museum.
They have a creative photography exhibit, for portraits.

If that's not an eye opener to the crap photography I've been doing, I don't know what is.
I love taking pictures. I love writing. I love art.
But I'm not good. Or at least not as good I want to be, or should be.
No, I'm not fishing for compliments. 
I have so many people I know that are better than me. No contest. I know some people, that just do things differently than I do.

I say this, because I have been inspired to stop sulking over people who are better than me, and better myself at my work.
When I was in theater, it was the same thing. There was always someone who was better than me. I worked my tail off, to get on top.
That's what she said.
I audtioned for plays. I did tech. I didn't get discouarged when someone else was better than, or got a "better" role than me. And by the end of high school, I won Eugretes Award for high school theater achievement. 
Or, something like that.
Point being: someone will ALWAYS be better than me. Someone will always have more recogination than me, even if I want it more. I don't take pictures to make money.
Obviously.
I take pictures, because it's mine. It's my thing. I can appreciate a good picture, because I've taken a couple good pictures. It's what I love to do.





I think I miss theater.
I need to go on an audtion. 


Hmm.

Popular posts from this blog

The one with the middle.

You remember that Jimmy Eat World song: The Middle? It feels very applicable to me. And, have you heard the Paramore song: Caught in the Middle? Also applicable.  It's been two months since this school year started. I wish I could say it's getting better. I wish I could say it's been a good year so far. But it's been a really tough year of teaching already. It's really no one's fault- students, admin, parents- it has nothing really to do with them. It's just been, tough.  I feel like honestly, it's kind of a waste of energy trying to pinpoint one problem that I am having, when in reality- it's possible that I am not supposed to be doing this anymore. Okay. I feel like I should be a teacher. But I don't know if I should be doing this .  Does that even make sense? Probably not.  I just feel really stuck at this moment. Because I want to do a good job while I am here, but I also am waiting for what I am meaning to do next. I want to serve my curren

The one with hallway.

 I don't have an idea for this blog.  That is why it's been a month or so since my last blog. In all transparency, I was working on a longer blog that I was updating daily about my decision to sign my contract or not for next school year. But then I ended up signing it and it's truly not an interesting blog. It was just like: "Should I? Nah. Well? Okay. Nah. Okay I will. I signed it. The end." So, now we're here, just waiting until the end of the year to finish and I am on the hook for next year. I could still leave, but breaking a contract not only gives me hives because of the ethic implications, but also there is a $2,500 fee attached to that which is NOT in my summer budget currently.  I am tired of teaching. But to be fair, it is April and I am ALWAYS tired of teaching in April. But I will say this April is different. Education is different. It's changed. A part of me knows that I will be called out of teaching soon. I don't see myself retiring as

The one where I join the blog world.

I figure it's about time I started a blog. It's a writing/photography/comediac/art/important issues/look-what-kind-of-crazy-stuff-is-happening-in-Elisa's-life blog. It's my everything blog. Awesome for blogging. So welcome! Enjoy! Comment! Feel the love. This is my absolute favorite picture. Elias Hernandez. My model/musician/rock. How beautiful life is..... Frreak. Frreak. More to come.